PALEO Blueberry Rosemary Ice Cream
Log In to Rate This
Techniques: Ice Cream Maker
Prep Time: 0 hr 5 min
Cook Time: 0 hr 10 min
- 1 (14-ounce/415-mL) can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup (150 grams) blueberries
- 2 tablespoons organic honey
- 1 teaspoon minced rosemary
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 egg yolks
- 1. Combine the coconut milk, blueberries, honey, rosemary, and lemon extract in a blender or food processor. Blend until everything is well incorporated.
- 2. Pour the mixture into a saucepan over medium heat and add the egg yolks. Bring to a low boil, continually whisking. Once it begins to boil, immediately remove from the heat and let cool. Transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours or overnight
- 3. Place the mixture in an ice cream maker and churn**, following the manufacturer’s directions, until desired consistency is reached. Immediately scoop ice cream out of the ice cream maker so it doesn’t freeze to the sides of the bowl. Serve immediately or store covered in the freezer.
*Makes 1 pint
**If you don’t have an ice cream maker, once mixture is chilled, transfer it to a bowl or bread pan and stick it in the freezer. Once frozen, remove it from the freezer 15 minutes before serving it to allow it to soften to be able to scoop.