Log In to Rate This
Prep Time: 0 hr 25 min
Cook Time: 0 hr 0 min
Main Ingredients: Dairy, Eggs, Whole Grains
- 1 1/2 cup Cornmeal
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 Tbs bakingpowder
- 2 pinch salt
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs sweetener(honey, agave, sugar)
- 2 Tbs mayo
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 450
- Put your skillet in your oven with 2Tbs butter
- Mix cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt.
- Then add egg, milk, honey, oil, mayo
- Mix well.
- Take your skillet out and Pour your batter in.
- The butter should be hot and bubbly.
- You want your cornbread to start frying when you put it in. This gives it that great crunchy edge.
- Cook for 15 minutes
- Serve hot with butter or in your favorite beans.
- Also good in milk for breakfast or anytime ??
We eat cornbread all the time. It's perfect with pinto beans, black eyed peas, veggie soup, chili corn pone. Also-I stopped buying packaged cereal. We now just eat cornbread and milk in its place. The kids love it. It's perfect for anytime. Try it hot out of the skillet with butter and honey
Butter and honey shall he eat, that he may know to refuse the evil and choose the good. Isaiah 7:15