Coconut Yogurt (dairy & soy free)
Log In to Rate This
Techniques: Any / None
Prep Time: 0 hr 30 min
Cook Time: 8 hr 0 min
- 3 young coconuts; crack open, remove water and save, remove meat and save
- 2 probiotic capsules
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (approx 3 lemons)
- Jimmy cracks corn but its time to crack open the three coconuts.
- IF you need help with this you can watch my video on Facebook at www.facebook.com/highcountryrawfood
- Once your coconuts are open and you have separated the water from the meat put the meat of the three coconuts in your high speed blender with the contents of the 2 probiotic capsules, not the capsules themselves and the lemon juice and 1/4 cup fresh coconut water (you didn't go and drink it did you?)
- Turn on blender to high and process for 2 minutes till all is creamy and smooth. Put yogurt into a quart size glass mason jar with a tight sealed lid and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight. Will hold refrigerated for 5 to 7 days...hey why not double the recipe?
- Serve with fresh fruit, granolas, make parfaits, add spices and coconut nectar to sweeten or use in smoothies and soups. You will never think to use conventional yogurt again.
Cook time is actually refrigeration time - this is raw no heat food preparation.