Strawberries Dipped in Chocolate
Log In to Rate This
Occasions: Any, Valentine's Day
Prep Time: 0 hr 20 min
Cook Time: 0 hr 15 min
Main Ingredients: Chocolate, Fruit
Sourced: This is from my favorite - Martha Stewart, "Everyday Food" 10 years ago.
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 pound large strawberries (about 20), washed and dried well
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pistachios (optional)
- Place chocolate in a bowl set over (not in) a saucepan of simmering water. Stir occasionally, until melted, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. One at a time, dip each strawberry in chocolate, twirling to coat; then sprinkle chocolate-covered portion with pistachios, if using, and place on waxed paper.
- Chill chocolate-dipped strawberries at least 15 minutes to set chocolate. (Strawberries should not be stored in refrigerator longer than 1 hour as condensation drops may collect on the chocolate.)
The perfect lovers treat
Recipe Posted by Jessie21