Fettuccine with Mushrooms & Brussels Sprouts
Log In to Rate This
Techniques: Any / None, Boil
Prep Time: 0 hr 30 min
Cook Time: 0 hr 30 min
Main Ingredients: Pasta / Noodles
Sourced: I found this online a few year ago. I love this easy to make pasta recipe!
- 12 ounces whole-wheat fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cups sliced mixed (sliced) mushrooms, such as cremini, oyster and/or shiitake
- 4 cups thinly sliced Brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup dry sherry (see Note), or 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup finely shredded Asiago cheese, plus more for garnish
- 1.Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water until tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain, return to the pot and set aside.
- 2.Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and Brussels sprouts and cook, stirring often, until the mushrooms release their liquid, 8 to 10 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add sherry (or vinegar), scraping up any brown bits; bring to a boil and cook, stirring, until almost evaporated, 10 seconds (if using vinegar) or about 1 minute (if using sherry).
- 3.Whisk milk and flour in a bowl; add to the skillet with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until the sauce bubbles and thickens, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in Asiago until melted. Add the sauce to the pasta; gently toss. Serve with more cheese, if desired.
- I prefer dry sherry, sold with other fortified wines in your wine or liquor store, instead of higher-sodium “cooking” sherry.
Sliced Brussels sprouts and mushrooms cook quickly and cling to the pasta in our fall version of pasta primavera. Look for presliced mushrooms to cut prep time. Serve with a tossed salad.
Recipe Posted by AgnesE109