Protein Packed Kale Chips - Dehydrated
Log In to Rate This
Techniques: Any / None
Prep Time: 0 hr 30 min
Cook Time: 9 hr 0 min
Main Ingredients: Vegetables
Sourced: Kale is most always available at farm stands and markets, shop local shop organic!
- 3 bunches of fresh organic kale; washed, drained, stemmed and torn into 4 to 5" pieces
- 1/2 cup hulled raw organic hemp seeds
- 1/3 cup organic raw cashews
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 sweet yellow onion, pealed and quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt ground
- water as needed
- In a food processor add the onion and process till almost soupy. Add the cashews and hemp and process till creamy; if its bit thick you can add water by the tablespoon till its the texture of a tomato soup. Add the mustard powder, turmeric and salt to your taste.
- Place the kale in a large bowl that you can toss it about in. Pour sauce over the kale and with your hands gently toss with the kale to completely cover.
- Put the kale on dehydrator trays single layers and into dehydrator for approx 16 hours at 115 degrees. Ok. if you do not have a dehydrator you can if you must put onto cookie sheets and into the conventional oven at the very lowest temp your oven can go - you have to keep an eye for the timing but I expect it to be about 2 hours.
- These are amazingly crisp and flavorful kale chips - secrets in the sauce.
- RAWSTAR CHEF
- WholyFood by High Country Raw Food
- Breckenridge CO
Cook time is dehydrated time, you can spend those hours on a hike or away from the kitchen. A great overnight dehydrator recipe.